Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tea Party Updates; Lola's Cafe; Tonkotsu King

Hello!
Some of you might have been informed about the upcoming Ohvola x Sensual Nails Spa event happening this Sunday.
It will be an afternoon of shopping, getting your nails done, enjoying yummy treats and also hampers provided by our sponsors to be won!

We will be unveiling around 15 designs from our upcoming collections at the event, so you can get your hands on them first.
So here I am giving out x5 invites to the exclusive private tea party :D
(oh yes you can bring a friend along as well)

Simply leave your email in the comment box below and let me know why you'd like to win an invite to the event.
As easy as that ;)
(the wedges you see in the banner above will finally be released there at well!)


-----------

A date with my love; headed to Tonkotsu King at Bugis cos we were craving for some good ramen!
Was told that there's usually a queue during dinner time so we went there just 10mins before it opened at 5pm and indeed there were already 2 groups waiting outside.
Plenty of seats unlike the outlet at Orchid hotel.

We were given this paper for our orders with only 5 flavours to choose from!
But it's already sufficient for me since I always cannot decide on one if there were plenty to choose from.
I like how you can customize your own ramen in various texture/taste of soup etc.

Always look so young with his cap on!

The first time I came they were out of flavoured eggs, super disappointed so I didnt wanna blog about it. 
I mean what is ramen without the eggs right? 
Thou they have free boiled eggs and beansprouts, the feel is just different without flavoured eggs!

Good thing they have it this time! So here's my Autumn ramen, doesn't look very appealing without spring onions and black fungus but it was pretty decent. Soup base was good enough to satisfy my craving ;)

This is Summer the spicy meat miso, if I didn't remember wrongly. 
I definitely prefer the spicy soup base to mine cos it was more flavorful. 
Tonkotsu King four seasons is one of the worth-going ramen places if you're around bugis area. Service is prompt and price is reasonable with the huge serving. Would love to try the 3 other outlets with different menu and concepts soon!

Here's what I wore that day.
Wearing this oversized top Sean bought for me when he was at Bkk.
Quite happy he remembers to shop for me even when he's overseas :)
Well actually he also got me a pair of green jeggings to match with this top (he saw the photo of a korean spree model in the outfit lol) but I just didn't look good in that outfit.
I always knew Sean preferred this street kinda look on me rather than wearing dainty girly dresses. 
To him, girls who wear tiered dresses looks like cake lol
So I actually refrain from wearing these whenever I'm out with him.


Dinner to Lola's Cafe located at Simon Road. 
So happy that it's just 10mins drive from my place!
A rustic and cosy cafe 
Very limited seating area but we were quite lucky that the 2 times we visited Lola's we didn't have to wait at all!
  
The comfy sofa area

Well known for their fruity cider beer! 


Havoc mummy is havoc lol 

The signature dish I guess is prolly their chicken wings? so crispy and good.
Best part is they were having a promo of wings + cider @$15nett. Best of both worlds!
I personally also love their crab meat spaghetti, very generous with their crab meat. A little spicy but still manageable for me.
Not a must-order for truffle fries, there's still room for improvement for it. 
But then again, it's another cafe without gst/service charge so yes I'm definitely coming back to try their brunch menu!

 


Chanced upon Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore at Bukit Timah before catching The Conjuring 2 weeks back!
Have you guys caught it? Though the storyline was rather simple, I quite enjoyed the thrill throughout the film. Paid to have a good scare, I know haha
True blue Italian cuisine, even the waitress was an Italian!

Food was pretty mediocre, nothing fantastic. 
Doubt I will be back again even if I'm around the area, I'd prefer Pepperoni pizza anytime!

The spontaneous 3! 
We ended up doing a very impromptu BBQ at dennis' after our movie session at 1am omg

With my pretty girlfriend Ger, who never gets fat despite having Mcds all the time! 
(Elenora Top will be available via BO tomorrow) 

Me in Tigerlily Pants / Lu in Claire Frock :)


I will be picking the 5 lucky winners tomorrow(wed) night so good luck :D
It's our first ever tea party for us to meet our customers, I'm really excited for it!
Hope everything goes smoothly on Sunday *cross fingers*
Till then..

41 comments:

  1. I would like to win an invite to the Ohvola x Sensual Nails Spa event :)

    Email: xiiaoger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I would love to be pampered on a deserved Sunday after 5 days work week and also love to meet Lucinda and you in real life! :)

      Delete
  2. hello jolene!

    would really love to win an invite to ohvola's tea party, to browse the exciting new arrivals esp (:

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ediscodiva@hotmail.com for the ohvola tea party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ashlyn.toh@hotmail.com!

    hope to win invites for the tea party! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi jolene!

    I would really love to win an invitation to the very first ohvola x sensual nail spa tea party event!
    Love the idea of doing nails and browsing through new arrival at the same time! (:

    under.pant@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go for this dainty event organized by Ohvola. It is just so perfect after a tiring week at work and i always wanted to see you 2 pretty sisters in real life!

    Jolene
    Jo_fantasy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'd like to win the invites because I love ohvola very much and I'm free on Sunday for some pampering! ^^

    Ongyixuan@gmail.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jolene! I would love to win an invitation to the tea party so I could spend some girly time with my gf! We just graduated not too long ago but she had started work so we spend very little time together now! This would be a perfect event to spend some time together! :)

    rachel

    email: rtho1@e.ntu.edu.sg

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi dear , i will really love to win this inviation and go together with my friend as she is also a supporter of ohvola and her birthday is this weekend. it will be a good gift for her! she will be shocked and happy to browse through thr new arrival and get to see you girls ! thanks.! sim.yanyi@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi jolene!

    I would like to win a pair of the tea party invites so I can bring my bff(who've been so stressed up with school) to enjoy a relaxing sunday and pamper her!

    Thanks!
    bedofroses-@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jolene! My boyfriend wants me to win an invite to the tea party because he complains that i don't dress as nice as your models. HAHA. It would also be a great early birthday present for me to get a new set of nails and to get my hands on unreleased items! <3

    paige.fmy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jolene, I was sent an invitation to the tea party and was wondering if I can invite a friend as well along with me for I know she would appreciate having her nails pampered than I do! It wasn't indicated in the invite about bringing a friend along and I was wondering if I can do so.

    Appreciate your reply on this.

    Thanks and can't wait to see you and Lu this weekend!

    Cheers,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jolene! i'm #ohvolasiao as named by my friends!! Have been supporting Ohvola since the livejournal days till date (I can even find those buys bought back then now):D ever since the last warehouse sales, i was hoping there would be another similar one.. I really hope to win an invite to this event! the thought of hanging ard together and checking out new designs is indescribably amazing ^^ (jjessicaa_@Hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jolene, i really hope i can win the invite as it would especially be memorable for me as my birthday (26 Aug)is coming (if i get invited to the tea party i will show u my IC to verify my birthday ;) )What better way to celebrate with some girly self-pampering!

    Thank you in advance :)

    With regards,
    Jacqueline
    jac_cheng26_361@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jolene, I'd like to win a pair of the tea party invites! It will be a good catching-up session with my best friend since both of us are focusing on different directions right now and this would be a great opportunity to de-stress too :)

    Cheers,
    Matilda

    fgoldhearts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jolene! :)

    Would really loved and hope to have the opportunity to win this tea party session to be able to meet you & Lu in person once again! :) I must say that Ohvola is the first online brand that I came across through my friend's facebook & at that time, & started looking through all the dresses & clothings I fell in love with the them!! The first Ohvola dress I owned was the Sequin Hem Frock which I still love it as much till today! Thank you for always launching such great clothings with really reasonable price for the quality & design.. I always never fail to feel girly & confident in them!

    Hope I am the lucky on :) Thank you & have a great day <3

    Warmest Regards,
    Cai E
    email: neo_cai_e@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jolene, the coming Monday is my bff's birthday, a friend who have been by my side for 13 years. We meetup, we eat and we shop together. Both of us love Ohvola very much and she would be very happy to see you sisters in real life. Thanks and god bless, Kim

    ii.cecream@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola Jo!

    Been really really stress at work and hoping for a fun fill weekend together with you. Thank you!

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    mintsykoh@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jolene!

    Will like to be able to go to the tea party with my best friend as both of us are huge fans of ohvola! It also allow my bestie and I to hang out together after not seeing each other after so long due to work commitments.

    Hope to hear from you!

    Cheers,
    Sue-Anne

    Email:sueanneteo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! :)

    My sister and I have been huge fans of Ohvola, since its livejournal days. Ohvola has never failed to make us feel broke cos we always love the new collections from Ohvola! My sister has been pretty stressed out lately by school work. If I'm lucky enough to be one of the five, I'm thinking of bringing my sister along. I believe it's gonna be an amazing surprise! And they always say, shopping is the best therapy. :)

    Thank you!

    Email: tristyn.bf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. My best friend and I are fans of Ohvola and it would be awesome if we're given the chance to be part of this event. I think that this tea party is a fresh and interesting idea; to shop, do our nails and meet the owners! Hope that there will be more of such events in the future too! :)

    Love,
    Karen

    Karen.wam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello!

    I would really love to win an invite to the very first ohvola tea party! Such cozy event! Super hyped to see new designs by you guys!~

    wong-celine@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi!

    vin_tage87@hotmail.com

    Why I like to attend: I love ohvola outfits and very excited of the upcoming new designs. They are beautiful! Would love to meet the two lovely owners of the blogshop:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi
    sihoon_91@hotmail.com
    I would love to be one of the VIP so that I can get to purchase the new upcoming collection prior to the other. At the same time I would love to see the lovely and pretty owners of Ohvola <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to attend the tea party to meet the lovely owners behind Ohvola. Love the variation of clothes (and even shoes now!) that you ladies have brought in! Even my mom bought her CNY clothes this year from Ohvola :)

    j.szeshi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jolene

    Would love to get an invite for the tea party to grab the upcoming collection, esp since I noticed that Ohvola's apparels have improved alot in both material and designs! Your collections are often unique and stylish which is so different =) not forgetting the 2 lovely owners behind this.

    dreamyshell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Joleen,

    I would like to win this so that I can bring & surprise my good friend who is also Ohvola's fan ^^
    mushroom_jes@yahoo.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello!

    I would like to win a pair of passes to the tea party because having tea & pastries + pampering nail session + shopping away at Ohvola's new collection = the perfect Sunday afternoon ;)

    Hope to see you there!

    spinaroundinmyhighestheels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Jolene!

    Choose me please! The two sisters and I are major fans of Ohvola. We wear everything Ohvola from head to toes! It will be very nice if we can be there this Sun! No! We NEED to be there! The upcoming items all look very yummy!! Keeping all my fingers crossed! Thank you for reading!

    Jesslin_lim@hotmail.com (:

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Jolene. I would like to win the passes to the tea so I can bring my gf along for some retail therapy and pampering session as she has recently broke up with her bf. So I hope this can cheer her up. Thanks. My email is janelimkl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Jol, my moods and excitement will be much liven up if I receive yr tea party invitation which helps to relieve the pains of my dad death. my email: chixian@live.com, an event to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Jolene, I would like to attend the tea party tgt w/ my girlf as we've been a major fan of ohvola & it'll be an eye opening experience for us to be able to have a sneak peak at the gorgeous upcoming pieces of ohvola.

    Moreoever, what better way to end the day w/ all the sweet treats that you girls have prepared for us in collaboration w/ sponsors that you have looked for to ensure a smooth and enjoyable tea party event for all the lucky girls that are invited.

    Plus, it would be a bonus to be able to spend a different kind of weekend w/ my girlf over @ the tea party rather than the usual shopping.

    Hopefully, i have the opportunity to win the passes and bring my girlf along. cheers & here's wishing you all a successful tea party in advance. :)

    email address: amanda_ong91@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi jolene,i would like to attend the tea party as half of my wardrobe is from ohvola.i have never looked back since my first purchase.so please let me attend the tea party.
    Email : eeyoreonly@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Jolene!

    I would like to attend this awesome tea party together with my awesome girlfriend! I hope to win this and surprise my girlfriend as her birthday is coming! Isn't the best present for girlfriend is some retail therapy and sweet treats together over the weekend? :)

    Email: samantha.seah@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Jolene,

    Being a big fan of ohvola, I hope to be one of the few to lay my eyes and get my hands on the pretty clothes first before it is launched. The lavish details and intricate designs always catch my eye. I truly hope to be part of this amazing event this summer with an ideal tea party theme and enjoy every moment with the owners of my favourite blogshop, as well as my bff who is just back from europe after a year.

    Email: whatsthat21@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello jolene.

    I would like to win this because I really really really love to attend a great party like this.
    Thank you :)

    Miyuki_pigzz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Jolene! I would like to win an invite to your tea party because i'm a huge fan of Ohvola, i love clothes and basically anything girly or dainty! And that's why your products suit me the most. Also, it'd be more than an honour to meet you two sisters (the owners) in real life! ;)



    E-mail: pacific_blue72@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Jolene,

    I hope that I will be one of the lucky winner for the exclusive invites. Really love your pieces and I too can't wait to grab exclusive pieces prior to their launches.

    sotongprotocol@hotmail.com

    Thanksya!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Jolene! (: Trying out my luck here to win an invite! I would love to win an invite to the event as I would like to meet you and Lucinda personally and I've always loved Ohvola's collections! Thank you ((:

    awhitecarousel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete