Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Essential Facial @The DRx Medispa


I hope you are not tired of me blogging about DRx yet but I need to say, their products and services are indeed worth the rave!
First post was on my visit to The DRx Medispa for their Tricho hair treatment and the previous one was to The DRx Clinic for skin consultation.

 Today's entry is on their award winning facial at The DRx Medispa. 
Am I confusing you already? DRx is both located at 14th and 16th storey of Tong Building. 

The warm and cosy waiting area

To start things off, we began with Double Cleansing using their very own Derma-Rx foam cleanser to remove my makeup. 
It is good that the products they used are those that I'm familiar with which I know it's suitable for my skin! 

Next up, Ultrasonic Cleansing
Ultrasonic Cleansing uses an ultrasound device to eliminate dead cells from the skin surface and loosen impurities, oil and comedones (blackheads and whiteheads) that are embedded in pore. The blackheads are then easily extracted without damage to the surrounding skin. 
Exfoliation of the dead skin cells also allows for more effective penetration of the therapeutic substances that follow. 



Then to the process I dread the most in every facial.  
Extraction. 
It took about 10mins because I didn't have much pimples but hell lots of clogged pores! 
I hate doing extractions but for the sake of better skin I just had to bear with it.
Clogged pored will then 'evolve' into pimples if not being extracted you see.. 


Using the same ultrasound device, this time to deliver all the goodies (Pharmaceutical Grade vitamins) into my skin! 
Ultrasonic Nutrient Delivery is one important step in this session.
It stimulates the production of collagen for firmer, smoother and younger looking skin.
Also known to product an overall skin lightening effect and a more even skin tone which I noticed after right this treatment! 



The last and most comfy step is the application of a much needed Therapeutic Mask.
It was left on my face for 30mins and that's when I completely fell asleep.. 
This sensitive mask is made from high quality marine-derived ingredients which is for firming, hydration and whitening as told from my therapist :) 

(need to do sth about my dark eye circles :() 
Skin looking all rejuvenated and glowy after just ONE session of Essential Facial!
To be honest I didn't expect my face to turn out this radiant as I haven't seen a glow on my face for the longest time.. 
I expected much more redness after the extractions but I guess the mask managed to calm my face down. Hahaha
And for the first time, I had the guts to walk around town bare-faced! 

Go pamper yourself with this highly recommended Essential facial :)
The usual price of this Essential Facial is $115 and after the 40% off it's $69 before GST. 
So worth it isn't it? :D


The DRx Medispa
Tong Building 
302 Orchard Road, #14-02 Singapore 238862
Tel : (65) – 6223 1555
Mon to Sat : 10am to 8pm | Sun : 10am to 6pm
Closed on PH


 Till then.. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jolene, I left a comment on your previous post on their skin consultation but haven't hear from you since. Could I please trouble you to send me the price range to lindalimliling@yahoo.com.sg? Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I had finish my Essential facial package. Can I quote your name for a special discount?( Essential Facial $115 after the 40% off it's $69 before GST)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! However it's only be a 1-time off promo :)

      Delete
    2. So sorry for the confusion babe it's only for new customers!

      Delete
  3. Hi jolene, how much is the consultation fee for dr david ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi babe do quote my name for Free consultation! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi jolene, free consultation are for the first three visit? How about aftrr the third visit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! May I know if this promo of quoting your name is still valid now? Haha..

    ReplyDelete