Thursday, July 17, 2014

Another year older, another year wiser

''Birthdays are a new start; fresh beginnings, a time to start new endeavors with new goals.''

Hola! The past few days were nothing short of amazing because it was my birthday week! 
It's always this time of the year that I feel exceptionally loved and blessed.

Prior to that, I made a super last min decision to visit Salon Vim at 313 because the ugly roots were too much to handle and I wanted my birthday pics to look good. Unfortunately my stylist Fiona was on a vacation and I desperately needed to dye and treat the tresses. 
Good thing Fiona was really understanding and told me to look for my sister's stylist, Katherine. 
After discussing with Kat my concerns about my hair condition, she recommended me to do a side swept ombre and to darken my base to ash brown as she knew that the blue she's giving me wouldn't suit a bright base.
Katherine also reminded me that my ends might turn very dry after bleaching to get the blue into the right shade but I went ahead with it still. 
After 2 hours of hair dye and 1 hour of Kerastase Kerathermie Treatment to regain the nutrients that I lost through bleaching...  
 ABSOLUTELY LOVING MY NEW HAIRDO! 

I was also given a colour shampoo from Keratase to protect my hair colour and also refrain it from becoming dry and damaged! A sea salt hair spray from Redken for my exceptionally flat and thin hair for more texture and to keep my waves intact even after hours :) 

Now now, Salon Vim is having their GSS promo till the end of this month! 
More details on their IG / FB. 
Do look for Fiona/Katherine if you intend to give your hair a new look.


313 Orchard Road
#04-07/08/09 Somerset 313
Singapore 238895

Tel +65 6884 7757 / +65 6884 7767



Outfit of the night; 
Dilys Wrap Skirt in burnt orange which I kept in both colours :) 
Amber aviators now on BO!

And the next day, I woke up to beautiful hair ~~
Never thought my hair could look so good heh 




Another impromptu decision on Saturday to visit Brew Maison at Bukit Timah.
Brew Maison is a cafe inspired by Japanese and Korean Style with its roomy and cosy interior. 
I was lucky enough to catch the talented barista at the cafe. 
Not sure if it's a guy/lady who does all these latte art but he/she only comes once a week. 
Here's the link to the barista's schedule :)

Brew Maison
  • 383 Bukit Timah Rd, #01-9B, Alocassia Apartments
  • Singapore 259727
  • 6836-2948 / 6735-5068







The highlight of BM is their coffee so food wise, it was rather mediocre IMO. 
And other than Disney princess latte art they have alot of others to choose from like the 3D bear in my hands. Go check out their Ig for more, good things must share yea? 
Shades' upcoming on Ohvola in the next Monday's launch, available in black and gold :) 
My favourit-est pair of all time! 

Does Aislinn shift dress looks familiar? 
It's a Zara inspired piece, we just released a few slots in size S, do grab it before it's oos as we won't be having BO for it! 



Settled our dinner in a private room at Ristorante Da Valentino.

Ristorante Da Valentino
200 Turf Club Rd, #01-19, 287994
6462 0555

Have always wanted to try this restaurant after seeing all the fantastic reviews about having the best Burrata in town since I'm a huge fan of cheese. 
The only cons would prolly be that if you were to celebrate an occasion there e.g birthdays, cakes must be ordered through them so do take note of it! 

Thankyou for coordinating xb, love you to the moon and back..

It was indeed good but definitely not the best. Etna at Duxton still serves the best burrata in my opinion :)


Squid ink linguine crabmeat pasta was sofa-king good~~ 
So generous with the crabmeat and the portion was just nice for me but definitely way too small for the boys. 
Didn't try the rest of the mains that the friends ordered but they sure enjoyed every bit of it! 

My amazing(and expensive-.-) unicorn birthday cake from Lu! 
12071987 // 14071990 

#eMonsterz forever!! (rainee our hashtag need to maintain HAHA)

Thanks for the advance birthday dinner guys!!


And just when I thought my birthday party was over... 
The surprise ninjas came over to my place at 12am despite having work the next day! 
I swear I was touched beyond words when more and more of you marched in with the birthday song. 
Appreciate and will keep in my heart.
Thankyou so much once again :')
Cheng Geraldine Junren Brenda Weesiang Sheila Dennis Katherine Desiree Charlene
Kahming Morgan Adrian Mx Lu and Sean 

 And the next day when I went to work on my actual birthday, thankyou Ruyu and Eve!! 

Lastly thankyou Lu, my sister for planning all these for me and making my 24th such a memorable one. 
Thankyou everyone who wished me on my Ig/Fb/Whatsapp, i've read every single one and will keep them my heart :')

Till then..


1 comment:

  1. Hi ladies! I have a Aislinn Shift Dress available in size M. It is way too big for me! Interested parties, please do drop me an email at loves_shopping07@hotmail.com! Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete