Sunday, October 4, 2015

4D3N in Taiwan

Hi guyz
It's been some time since I last did a travelogue blog post and i hope i'll be able to do up an entry on Perth after this too. Am also thinking of cleaning up this blog when I have the time cause my labels and tags are all over the place right now~
So yep my third visit to Taiwan and I'm still loving this country. Quite thankful that throughout the 4 days, it did not rain despite being the typhoon season.
Took a midnight flight and landed in Taoyuan Airport and travelled to Taipei for our air bnb~
 Cap - Forever 21
White shirt - Mango
Ripped Jeans - Ohvola
Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell

Had really high expectations of our stay upon seeing the pics and reviews but boo, what you see is not what you get sometimes. Funny how Rainee double confirmed with the owner that this was the room we booked. The room seemed ok but the bed sheets were yellowish and the single beds had dirt stains which we didn't dare to sleep on. The toilet was old and it looked like they don't wash it very often. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I shared a bed with Desiree but I got bitten by bed bugs the next morning on my left arm and legs. Unlucky is an understatement.
I got to admit that the owner is very friendly and it's situated in a good location considering there is a mrt station just a few mins walk away. But I doubt anyone would want to end up like me getting bitten by bed bugs yea? Anw here's the link to the bnb in case you are heading to Taipei, don't even consider this.


After washing up, Rainee brought us to this place which she said was like SG's haji lane. It's along Zhong Xiao Fu Xing (忠孝復興) and Zhong Xiao Dun Hua (忠孝敦化), kinda reminded me of the streets of Ewha University in Seoul. All the interesting individual Taiwan boutiques and quirky cafes were all there, definitely the best place to shop in!


 First thing first, dimsum for lunch at 参和院 which was also in the Zhongxiao district.
The buns were pretty ok but not a must to order. You need to try their XO carrot cake! Beats the one we have in Canton Paradise hands down though that is my favourite in Sg.
参和院
No. 14, Lane 101, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106  



Explored the streets a bit more before heading for desserts~


 Took a mrt and walked about 10mins and finally found this! I know candy floss all taste the same but I absolutely love this. There is just something different which I cannot explain. The ice-cream was good too but I didnt like the sparkle-in-your-mouth thing they added to it. Other than that it was yummeh~ It was $7 per cup which I thought was a little pricey..
Glamair Cotton Candy
No.12 Songshou Road 松壽路11號B1樓 Xinyi District, 台北市 110

Came out of the building and saw Taipei 101. Quite embarrassed to say I've never been up there despite my third visit to Taiwan. I guess I'm just not a fan of paying for sceneries cos to me, everything looks the same when I'm up there haha


And so we spent the rest of the night at Shi Lin night market. (夜市)


DAY2
The plan was to have the so-called best Lu Rou Fan in Taipei recommended by Ree's Taiwanese friends for breakfast. Unfortunately, we were welcomed by the red shutters and a flimsy A4 written note that reads...
It's called Jin Feng Lu Rou Fan(金峰卤肉饭), walking distance from CKS memorial hall. Take exit 2 and let me know if it's really as good as what the locals claimed! Damn.. Is there any nice Lu Rou Fan in Sg to recommend? I'm having this sudden craving as I'm typing this post at 1207am.

Settled for another LRF called Hu Xu Zhang LRF and headed to CKS memorial hall(中正纪念堂). That place is huge and beautiful. Never knew we could actually spend a few hours there taking pictures and roaming around the 宫s. 





Aranzi café
No. 468號, Section 4, Ren'ai Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei City, 110
Tea was at Aranzi Cafe~ Nothing fantastic. We just had time to kill before heading to Shi Da night market(师大夜市). Was supposed to go take a bullet train to 十分 but we were too lazy to travel for an hour+ so we went to Party World for ktv. After all, vacations aren't supposed to be all about tight schedules yea? Haha we are just lazy like that..


DAY3
High Speed Rail to Taichung~ 
My first time to Taichung and it's definitely less bustling compared to Taipei. 
Came out of the train station and was stopped by all the taxi drivers camping at the exit. We were looking for one who could drive us around the whole of next day but got stopped by this particular driver who immediately grabbed our luggages and insisted on fetching us before we could even react. He kinda dampened our mood a little cause he was very rude and so we decided not to hire his cab for tour the next day.

After traveling for 2hours from Taipei to Taichung, we were so glad to arrive in our next air bnb. 
毛小孩 is absolute perfect! We loved every bit of it, from the fluffy sheets to cleanliness to the location. It was as good as staying in a 5 star hotel. This is one air bnb I would strongly recommend! Did I mention the breakfast the host prepared was really yummy too? We totally regretted not staying in their bnb in Taipei as well.. Am definitely coming back to 毛小孩 if I ever travel to Taiwan again.

After a short 10min walk from our bnb, we arrived at the huge ass FengJia night market(逢甲夜市). This is one night market that I think I totally need a map for. It's mad crowded and confusing like Chatuchak in Bkk~ 
If you ask me, my favourite night market got to be Shi Da in Taipei. Thou it's not too huge like Shi Lin or Feng Jia, the crowd was just right, the clothes there were more of our style and the most importantly the boys there are the cutestzzzz~ Not only the boys, the girls there were all so hot and then we found out that the shops in Shi Da are mostly opened by Uni students living in that area. Remember to dress up when you visit Shi Da! 


DAY4
One day tour was by a driver (Lin) our bnb host recommended. You don't have to worry that it's awkward or whatever with Lin around. He is like a father figure, really sweet and humorous at the same time. He got us bbt when we visited the mountains because he was worried we would be thirsty. And before we left for the airport, he even got us polo buns because Taoyuan airport doesn't serve food after 11pm! How thoughtful can he get? 
He brought us to as many attractions as he could in Taichung with the 1 day we have. 
Our plan was to visit the flower market (but it wasn't the correct season) to Sun Moon Lake to Gaomei Wetland for sunset and if time permits to CingJing Caoyuan but apparently we didn't have the time to do everything. 

So he brought us to...

First stop: Rainbow Village (台中彩虹眷村)

To Ji Ji Train Station (集集火车站)

To Sun Moon Lake which we were supposed to go on a yacht but because someone had some serious motion sickness we just remained by the shore for some photos~ 

Didn't manage to catch the sunset at Gaomei Wetland because of a massive jam in Sun Moon Lake but we were happy with Lin's service and enjoyed our 1 day tour in Taichung. Obviously 1 day isn't enough to cover Taichung so do keep at least 2 days to do so. The total cost of 6500twd which is less than SGD$300 for 1 day tour plus airport transfer, perfect if you have 5pax so everything would be cheaper since Taiwan's cab can take 5 pax max. Let me know if anyone would like to have Lin's contact :) 

That marks the end of my 4d3n in Taiwan! Really glad to have these two as my travel partners, am definitely looking forward for a full attendance Monsterz beach vacation next! 
Thankyou for reading~ 

Till then..

5 comments:

  1. Hi jo, whr are all ur outfits from?mind sharing? Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Let me know which one you're referring to? I actually tagged most on my Ig :)

      Delete
    2. May I know whr you got your white Jumper from? Thanks

      Delete
  2. Hello Jo, do you mind sharing Lin's contact? I'll be going Taichung next month and i havent found a driver.. And do you know if the rates differ if its only for 2 pax? Thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete